How to make a reservation for a hotel in Spanish
Making a reservation for a hotel in Spanish is probably one of the most important thing that you will have to learn as a beginner.
In our Spanish listening comprehension exercise, you will listen to a conversation between a person and a hotel receptionist as they make a reservation over the phone.
The person provides
- the dates of their stay,
- the type of room they want,
- and their personal information,
while the receptionist confirms the details and provides the price of the room.
This exercise is ideal for beginners or intermediate learners who want to practice their listening skills and improve their ability to understand and communicate in Spanish in real-life situations.
By the end of the video, you will have a better understanding of how to make a hotel reservation in Spanish and will feel more confident in your ability to communicate in the language.
Also, we provide you a quiz and the most important phrases as an audio at the end of this Spanish listening practice, so you find out if you are ready for your next vacation in a Spanish-speaking country.
But let’s try the Spanish listening comprehension first:
Quiz: Are you ready to make a reservation for a hotel in Spanish?
Spanish hotel Vocabulary: 25 words you must know
To memorize these words better, be sure to use them in complete sentences. You will find some audios below, too!
- la reserva – the reservation
- la habitación – the room
- el/la huésped – the guest (gender depends on the guest’s gender)
- la fecha – the date
- el check-in – the check-in
- el check-out – the check-out
- la noche – the night
- la tarifa – the rate
- la confirmación – the confirmation
- el alojamiento – the lodging
- el hotel – the hotel
- la suite – the suite
- la cama – the bed
- el baño – the bathroom
- el desayuno – the breakfast
- la recepción – the reception
- la llave – the key
- el ascensor – the elevator
- el estacionamiento – the parking
- la piscina – the pool
- la reservación – the booking
- la disponibilidad – the availability
- el equipaje – the luggage
- la vista – the view
- el aire acondicionado – the air conditioning
The 10 most important phrases to make a reservation for a hotel in Spanish
These are the essential Spanish phrases to make a reservation for a hotel in Spanish. Listen and repeat them as often as possible, and you will gain confidence!